To All of the Wonderful People of Hawaii
Please note the screening criteria we are currently using today, 3/20/2020, for COVID testing. There are press releases in our news that represent guidelines from 3-4 weeks ago and are not Hawai specific. The bottom line is we will come together as a state, and we will prevail. The consensus of the private medical community is we must screen to gain the upper hand. Also, we feel we can be role models and leaders for the nation. Hawaii must follow the successful lead of South Korea and not Italy. Please read these recommendations and share and discuss them with friends and family. Then encourage them to get tested. But please also note that supply limitations in the state and US do not permit asymptomatic random screening.
Hawaii Clinical Screening Criteria 3/19/2020
LG COVID TASK FORCE
1) Dry Cough and fever (the most common symptoms) but you may have other upper respiratory symptoms
2) If have recently returned from anywhere in Asia or Europe
(please note China, South Korea, Italy, Spain, Germany, France, and Iran represent high-risk countries)
3) Travel within the US to Washington State highest risk, but all flight from any US destination to Hawaii- are now high risk
4) Working in the Health Profession
5) Working in a skilled nursing facility
6) Workers in direct contact with waste management including hotel workers
7) First Responders
8) Prisons, jail, correctional facility
9) Working directly with the homeless population
Hawaii Specific Considerations:
1) Workers in high trafficked Tourism, including the following:
UBER/CAB drivers and more
Finally as the states of New York and California have essentially CLOSED and asked all people to remain at home please follow this if possible.
IT IS TIME THE STATE OF HAWAII CLOSE TO TOURISM per the LIEUTENANT GOVERNOR JOSH GREEN and HOUSE SPEAKER SCOTT SAIKI.
We will be HAWAII STRONG and be leaders and an example for the world.
The expert medical professionals outside of the Department of Health have been meeting and our goal is to follow the example of South Korea which is intensive and broad screening which saved lives. WE do not want to become Italy which unfortunately has surpassed China with more deaths.
GOD Bless all of you and your families and all people of Hawaii
Scott J Miscovich MD
LG HAWAII COVID TASK FORCE
Premier Medical Group