One of life’s greatest gifts is the ability to grow old. Geriatric care is important because it includes specialized medical attention for our greatest generation. It involves focusing on health promotion, prevention, diagnosis and treatment of diseases among elderly adults. At Premier Medical Group, our geriatric care is one of our top priorities. We don’t take our responsibility lightly. Our goal is to serve Hawaii’s rapidly growing older population to make sure their elderly years are their best ones yet.
We involve loved ones and family members in your treatment plan so that they can embark on your journey with you!
- Reducing unnecessary medications and/or maintaining proper medication levels to avoid unwanted symptoms
- Chronic pain management
- Physical therapy and exercise support to encourage bone strength, enhance mood, and reduce physical pain
- Preventative treatment including lifestyle changes to help reduce the need for surgery and risk of chronic illnesses
- Dementia support and care
- Support and care for family members so that they can provide proper in-home care and treatment
- Nutrition coaching to reduce inflammatory diseases, preserve brain function, and encourage a healthy weight
- Incontinence support
- Mental and emotional well-being support to enhance mood and quality of life
We provide medication control so that our patients aren’t taking more medication than needed, which can be detrimental to health. We also treat conditions such as injuries sustained from breaks, falls, and incontinence. Our staff is trained to address the special needs of elderly care while taking a holistic approach to promote a long, healthy and happy life.
Our geriatrics department also provides care and support after a diagnosis has been made to reduce the amount of stress put on family members. Our staff will care for you like you’re one of our own family members to help restore your quality of life and remove the stigma that the elderly aren’t as full of joy as they once were!